6 Ways to Keep Your Home Safe at Christmas
November 25th, 2022
The holidays are a time for family, friends, and lots of fun. But they’re also a time when home safety is more important than ever. Here are six ways to make sure your Medway home is safe during the holiday season.
1. Get a home security system: A home security system is one of the best ways to deter burglars and keep your family safe. If you don’t have a home security system, now is the time to get one. There are many different types of systems available, so find one that fits your needs and budget.
2. Keep valuables out of sight: Don’t leave gifts or other valuables where they can be seen from outside your home. Burglars will often target homes that have valuables in plain sight. If you must keep gifts in your home, put them in a cupboard or another room where they can’t be seen from outside.
3. Be careful with social media: Don’t post about your holiday plans on social media until after the fact. Burglars often use social media to find out when homeowners will be away from their homes. If you must post about your plans, set your privacy settings so that only your friends and family can see your posts.
4. Keep doors and windows locked: This may seem like common sense, but it’s important to remember to keep all doors and windows locked, even when you’re home. Burglars can be brazen, and they will often try to enter homes even when people are inside. Make sure all doors and windows are locked before you go to bed or leave the house.
5. Have a friend or neighbour check on your home while you’re away: If you’re going to be away from home for an extended period of time, ask a friend or neighbour to check on your home periodically. They can make sure everything is okay and take action if there is any suspicious activity around your property.
6. Install outdoor lighting: Outdoor lighting is an effective way to deter burglars and make your home safer overall. Install motion-sensor lights around your property so that any potential intruders will be lit up if they try to approach your home in the dark of night.
Home safety is important all year round, but it’s especially important during the holiday season when burglars are looking for easy targets. By following these simple tips, you can help keep your home safe in Medway this Christmas season.
For tips on how to effectively sell your Medway home throughout the holiday season click here.